This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Start-date range

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM

It would be useful to specify a date-range for the checking. 

I'm would like to specify a startup switch such as:  -start 01JAN2011

What the tool found were some Calendar items that I created back in 2003 when I had a different Exchange mailbox.

ERROR: dispidApptStateFlags is 1, but the address for this mailbox does not match the organizer address.
 Check to ensure the Organizer Address is correct, and whether or not this user should be the organize

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestion!

I had thought of doing a start range but the problem is that your entire calendar won't be tested. And problems with hangs or crashes or with viewing your calendar can and do occur when there is an item back in 2003 that has a problem.

thanks!

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Thanks for the response.

If I was a "basic user", how would I correct this issue that the tool identified?

I don't think I would want to update an 8-year old appointment.

Would the recommendation be to "ignore" this error in some situations?  Or is there a need to delete the appointment?

Perhaps if your team grows, your next version can include some recommendation (similar to the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer).  

Thanks again.

Coordinator
Feb 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yeah - you can ignore this error if you know you are the user that is the Organizer. You can also turn off this test using the "-no org" switch. The reason for the test is due to a problem where an attendee becomes the organizer - when sync-ing over Exchange Active Sync with 3rd party devices.

A downside of this test is that if you have ever migrated mailsystems - then you can get errors on this test that are not really errors...