This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Calendar items with missing GOID's are not identified

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

First of all, thanks for an awesome tool.

I ran it on a test calendar for an Office 365 account, this calendar had 25 items and all of them had been stripped of GOID's.

Only 4 items were identified by the calcheck tool as having issues with the error:

"The dispidGlobalObjectID and the dispidCleanGlobalObjectID properties are not populated on this item."

Interestingly all the other items had a prefix of "Copy:" prefixed to subject

1.) Does the Calcheck tool ignore items which have "Copy:" in the subject line and are there any other conditions for this tool to process an item as a calendar item?

A detected and undetected entry were compared and these properties were missing in the undetected  entry:

PR_ALTERNATE_RECIPIENT_ALLOWED
PR_DELETE_AFTER_SUBMIT
PR_ICON_INDEX
PR_ORIGINATOR_DELIVERY_REPORT_REQUESTED
PR_PRIORITY
PR_READ_RECEIPT_REQUESTED

2.) Are any of the properties a pre-requisite for an item to be processed as a calendar entry?

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Yes - items that have "Copy:" in the prefix happen because they were copied. There is an auxflags prop that gets set when this happens.

When an item is copied like this - the auxflags prop will be set to show it was copied, and the GlobalObjectIDs will be removed. CalCheck looks for the auxflags prop and will not report items that were copied - since these were "by design" set this way.

I'm not sure what you mean by "undetected entry"... CalCheck goes through all items located in the default Calendar folder. That is the only pre-req - the item needs to be in the Calendar folder. Now - there may be items that don't have any of the problems CalCheck looks for, and if so then they would not show in the output as a potential "problem" item.

Thanks!

Randy

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Randy, thanks for the information about "PidLidAppointmentAuxiliaryFlags, dispidApptAuxFlags" 

By "undetected entry", I meant the entries which did not have GOID's but were not detected by the Calcheck tool as having "problem" but if it is by design, the it can be said that Calcheck is working normally.

Please feel free to correct my conjecture below if incorrect:

Since these appointments do not have a GOID they are essentially orphaned. Any updates/changes to these will end up as duplicates in the attendees calendars.

So should these items not be reported as atleast warning items?